Accessibility Policy and Multi-Year Plan
Statement of Commitment
Skjodt-Barrett Foods Inc. is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
The purpose of this Multi-Year Accessibility Plan (the "Plan") is to identify the policies and actions that Skjodt-Barrett Foods Inc. ("Skjodt-Barrett Foods Inc.") will implement through to 2021 in order to prevent and remove barriers to accessibility in its operations and to satisfy its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the regulations made thereunder (the "Act").
Skjodt-Barrett Foods Inc. has developed and implemented accessibility policies designed to meet the needs of people with disabilities. As required, Skjodt-Barrett Foods Inc. will review and update these policies on an ongoing basis, in order to ensure that we are meeting our accessibility commitments and the requirements of the Act.
Skjodt-Barrett Foods Inc.'s accessibility policies are available to the public, upon request, including in accessible formats. Please contact us to request a copy of Skjodt-Barrett Foods Inc..s accessibility policies.
Skjodt-Barrett Foods Inc. believes that its accessibility commitments can only be fully achieved when its employees and volunteers, and those acting on its behalf, have a clear understanding of the issues faced by people with disabilities and Skjodt-Barrett Foods Inc.'s related obligations. As a result, Skjodt-Barrett Foods Inc. has established a plan for delivering accessibility training, to be implemented by August 31, 2015. In particular:
- The training will cover the requirements of the Act as they apply to Skjodt-Barrett Food Inc.'s business, as well as Skjodt-Barrett Foods Inc.'s obligation under applicable human rights legislation related to people with disabilities.
- At a minimum, the training will be provided to all required Ontario employees and volunteers, and those acting on Skjodt-Barrett Foods Inc.'s behalf in Ontario.
- Consideration will be given to whether the training needs to be modified depending on the recipient's function within the Skjodt-Barrett Foods Inc. organization.
- Training will be updated on an ongoing basis as new employees, volunteers and partners join the organization and as policies evolve.
Information & Communication
1. Skjodt-Barrett Foods Inc.'s Public Websites
Skjodt-Barrett Foods Inc. is committed to ensuring that its public websites are easily accessible to people with disabilities. Where practicable, Skjodt-Barrett Foods Inc.'s Internet websites will conform to the World Wide Web Consortium Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (the "WCAG") in accordance with the timeframes outlined below.
Ongoing: Skjodt-Barrett Foods Inc. will ensure that new Internet websites are developed in accordance with the WCAG 2.0 Level A.
January 1, 2021: All of the organization.s websites and web content will conform to the WCAG 2.0 Level AA.
2. Feedback Processes
Skjodt-Barrett Foods Inc. is committed to making feedback processes accessible to people with disabilities. If it is established that Skjodt-Barrett Foods Inc. feedback processes are not accessible to a person with a disability, we will work with that person to receive and respond to their feedback in an accessible format. For such requests, please see the contact information at the end of this Plan.
In addition, Skjodt-Barrett Foods Inc. will review and update its feedback processes on an ongoing basis, in order to ensure that we are meeting our accessibility commitments and the requirements of the Act.
3. Publically Available Information
Skjodt-Barrett Foods Inc. is also committed to providing its publically available information in accessible formats, upon request. For such requests, please see the contact information at the end of this Plan.
Skjodt-Barrett Foods Inc. is committed to maintaining fair, open and accessible employment practices. In particular, Skjodt-Barrett Foods Inc. expects to take the following steps by January 1, 2016:
- Review Skjodt-Barrett Foods Inc.'s existing hiring processes and implement any needed revisions in order to ensure that:
- job applicants are informed of accommodation options during the hiring process;
- Skjodt-Barrett Foods Inc. is able to promptly provide any requested accommodations during the hiring process; and
- successful applicants are advised of Skjodt-Barrett Foods Inc.'s policies for accommodating employees with disabilities
- Develop a communication plan in order to ensure that existing employees understand Skjodt-Barrett Foods Inc.'s policies for accommodating employees with disabilities.
- Develop a policy or defined process regarding accessibility for employees, which will address:
- the provision of workplace information to employees in accessible formats upon request;
- the creation of clear and consistent individualized accommodation plans for employees with disabilities;
- the appropriate process to follow when supporting an employee.s return to work where a disability exists; and
- the embedding of accessibility considerations into Skjodt-Barrett Foods Inc..s existing performance management, career development and job change processes.
Skjodt-Barrett Foods Inc. will monitor its operations on an on-going basis as they evolve to determine whether other requirements under the Act become applicable. In the case that other requirements are identified as applicable, this Plan will be revised to outline steps that Skjodt-Barrett Foods Inc. will take to come into compliance with those requirements.
Contact Skjodt-Barrett Foods Inc.
Please contact us using the contact information listed on the public website. For ease of reference, Skjodt-Barrett Foods Inc.'s public website is: