Skjodt – Barrett Foods is a growing leader in the North American food industry, specializing in supplying custom developed food solutions for the world’s leading retail food, foodservice and healthcare product manufacturers. Our products are enjoyed in peoples’ homes, when they dine out with their families, and when they need the important nutrition provided by the healthcare community. Our facility in Brampton Ontario is a fast-paced business with international customers and continual opportunity.
QA Technician - (Night Shift)
SCOPE OF THE POSITION
The QA Technician is responsible for ensuring products are in compliance with stated quality standards.
More Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Conduct standardized tests on raw material and packaging to ensure compliance to specifications.
• Conduct in-process testing to ensure critical processing parameters are met. E.g. pH, Temperature, Brix, etc.
• Conduct finished product testing to ensure finished product specifications (Brix, pH, %Ta, Vitamin C, texture, bostwick etc.)
• Conduct sensory evaluation on raw materials, in-process and finished products (E.g. Taste, Colour, Odour, Texture)
• Clean and sterilize laboratory equipment.
• Calibration and verification of Lab equipment. (Eg. pH Meter, Scales, Thermometer)
• Work collaboratively with production staff to ensure product is manufactured according to standards.
• Document activities and results according to company policy.
• Conduct environmental, water and air sampling.
• Conduct allergen verification swab.
• Participate in 5s orientated activities in the QA Department.
• Assist in customer compliant investigation through retain sample review.
• Ensuring that all QA activities in the facility are appropriately carried out under CFIA and BRC standards.
• Maintain a clean work environment.
• Follow GMP/HACCP and department safety rules.
• Other duties as assigned.
• University degree or college diploma in Science (with Concentration in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Microbiology) or Food Science
• Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in Quality Control or related field.
• Food industry experience considered a strong asset.
• Ability to perform duties to a high level of accuracy with limited direct supervision
• Ability to multi-task and analyze data in a fast-paced and results driven environment
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills
• Strong ability to communicate effectively in a fast paced environment
• Strong numeracy, written and verbal communication skills
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel)
We encourage all candidates who have the right mix of skills, abilities and a passion for learning and growing to apply. Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will only be used for the purposes of the competition in accordance with the Freedom
of Information and Privacy Act.
Reasonable accommodations are available during the recruitment process to job applicants with disabilities.
SKJODT-BARRETT FOODS INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER