Scope of the Position
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Supervisor will be responsible for providing direction and leadership to production team members and is responsible for safety, productivity, equipment operation, training and quality.
- Monitoring the production process by making periodic checks and adjusting equipment or work practices according to the Standard Operating Practices (SOPs).
- Ensuring that company quality, efficiency, and production objectives are achieved in areas under supervision by establishing or adjusting work procedures.
- Responsible for working safely and keeping work area and equipment safe for all employees.
- Supervising change overs and verifying readiness of the production line at start-up. Assist with set-ups and programming of equipment as required.
- Staff, train, evaluate and develop team members.
- Managing overall packaging and product quality to ensure all standards and specifications are met.
- Working proactively to ensure customer order deadlines are met, supervising overtime shifts as required.
- Post-secondary education in Operations Management, Business Management or similar area of study preferred
- A minimum of 2-3 years of production/manufacturing experience, preferably in the food manufacturing industry.
- A minimum of 3 years’ supervisory experience in a production environment.
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to manage change and develop others.
- Strong oral and written communication, planning and problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding of food safety requirements with working knowledge of GMP, HACCP and health and safety regulations.
- Basic computer skills with working knowledge of MS Office.
We encourage all candidates who have the right mix of skills, abilities and a passion for learning and growing to apply. Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will only be used for the purposes of the competition in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
Reasonable accommodations are available during the recruitment process to job applicants with disabilities.
SKJODT-BARRETT FOODS INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER