Skjodt – Barrett Foods is a growing leader in the North American food industry, specializing in supplying custom developed food solutions for the world’s leading retail food, foodservice and healthcare product manufacturers. Our products are enjoyed in peoples’ homes, when they dine out with their families, and when they need the important nutrition provided by the healthcare community. Our facility in Brampton Ontario is a fast-paced business with international customers and continual opportunity.
SCOPE OF THE POSITION
This position contributes to the company’s success by ensuring the filling machine is fully operational, and product is being manufactured according to quality and customer standards.
MORE SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Set up filling machine, readying it for production.
• Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of filled products to standards. Adjust machine as necessary to gain or maintain compliance.
• Stop or reset machines when malfunctions occur, troubleshooting as necessary and communicating with supervision and maintenance as necessary.
• Record production and test data regularly, such as temperature, test results, and time cycle.
• Replenish packaging supplies, such as pouches and lids.
• Ensure pouches and caps match the descriptions provided on the filling sheets
• Ensure printer is operational and code printed onto pouch is correct.
• Perform regular product quality checks, ensuring product meets specifications.
• Complete documentation & Perform basic machine cleaning procedures.
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Experience in a food manufacturing facility an asset
• Experience in running and troubleshooting machinery preferred
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient at basic addition and subtraction. Understands temperature and weight measures
We encourage all candidates who have the right mix of skills, abilities and a passion for learning and growing to apply. Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will only be used for the purposes of the competition in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
Reasonable accommodations are available during the recruitment process to job applicants with disabilities.
SKJODT-BARRETT FOODS INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER