Skjodt – Barrett Foods is a growing leader in the North American food industry, specializing in supplying custom developed food solutions for the world’s leading retail food, foodservice and healthcare product manufacturers. Our products are enjoyed in peoples’ homes, when they dine out with their families, and when they need the important nutrition provided by the healthcare community. Our facility in Brampton Ontario is a fast-paced business with international customers and continual opportunity.
SCOPE OF THE POSITION
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for all aspects of machine maintenance and repair. Responsibilities include assembling, installing and adjusting machinery and equipment, including conveyors, pumps, compressors, and heat exchangers, automated and robotic systems. The successful candidate must work well under pressure and with tight deadlines.
MORE SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Operating computer controlled equipment, such as programming PLCs.
• Performing a variety of machine operations, such as start-up, testing, shutdown and troubleshooting.
• Detecting and troubleshooting irregularities and malfunctions with machinery and equipment.
• Repairing and replacing defective machine parts.
• Performing routine machine maintenance.
• Ensuring that all prescribed work methods, standard manning and safety practices are followed.
• Performing all other tasks that may be reasonably assigned.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as an Industrial Mechanic in a Production, Packaging and/or Processing setting.
• Industrial Mechanic Technician Trade Certification is required.
• Electrical license is an asset.
• Excellent communication, problem solving and decision making skills.
• Excellent job task planning and organization skills.
• Interest in continuous learning.
• Ability to work overtime as required.
We encourage all candidates who have the right mix of skills, abilities and a passion for learning and growing to apply. Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will only be used for the purposes of the competition in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
Reasonable accommodations are available during the recruitment process to job applicants with disabilities.
SKJODT-BARRETT FOODS INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER