Skjodt – Barrett Foods is a growing leader in the North American food industry, specializing in supplying custom developed food solutions for the world’s leading retail food, foodservice and healthcare product manufacturers. Our products are enjoyed in peoples’ homes, when they dine out with their families, and when they need the important nutrition provided by the healthcare community. Our facility in Brampton Ontario is a fast-paced business with international customers and continual opportunity.
SCOPE OF THE POSITION
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for providing leadership and direction to the Maintenance Trades as they service the needs of the plant through equipment maintenance as well as supporting the production team to eliminate downtime. The Maintenance Supervisor will perform duties in a safe, productive and cost-effective manner while maintaining compliance with health and environmental issues and fostering a positive and innovative work environment.
MORE SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide overall supervision, coaching, training and mentoring the maintenance teams including millwrights, electricians, technicians, contractors, etc.
- Chair pre-shift meetings, set work priorities and assign work orders to trades personnel and contractors.
- Work with the Maintenance Planner to identify, prioritize, plan and schedule work for trades personnel and contractors.
- Monitor and support the execution of work activities to ensure that they completed in a timely manner.
- Assign work orders to the maintenance teams.
- Respond quickly to production emergencies by re-allocating maintenance personnel to problem resolution.
- Prepare manpower forecasts for working periods (weekly, monthly, etc.). Contribute to manufacturing improvement initiatives.
- Assign and approve of training, vacation, overtime, etc. Implement disciplinary action when necessary.
- Provide training, development and succession planning for maintenance teams.
- Participate in recruitment, selection and interviewing of maintenance trades personnel.
- Act as a subject matter expert on plant improvement and safety teams.
- Comply with HSE, BRC and CFIA standards.
- Participate in inter-departmental team meetings as necessary. Comply and promote all company policies.
- Engineering Degree or Diploma in a related discipline (e.g. Mechanical or Electrical) preferred, or trade school Diploma in a related area.
- A minimum of 4 to 6 years relevant experience in processing/packaging operations required.
- Knowledge of manufacturing principles and experience in analysis and development of methods, standards, systems, procedures, plant layout and cost control in a high speed, automated production environment.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and leadership skills as well as strong interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Ability to lead and participate in a multi-functional, team-based environment.
- Demonstrated analytical and planning skills.
- Must be able to work independently and cope with conflicting demands in short time periods.
- Ability to handle multiple jobs simultaneously to completion.
- Experience in a food processing operation preferred.
- Knowledge of relevant regulations such as CFIA, GFTC, TSSA and ESA are required.
- Six Sigma considered an asset.
We encourage all candidates who have the right mix of skills, abilities and a passion for learning and growing to apply. Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information submitted will only be used for the purposes of the competition in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
Reasonable accommodations are available during the recruitment process to job applicants with disabilities.
SKJODT-BARRETT FOODS INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER