Skjodt – Barrett Foods is a growing leader in the North American food industry, specializing in the supply of custom developed food solutions for the world’s leading retail food, foodservice and healthcare product manufacturers. Our products are enjoyed in peoples’ homes, when they dine out with their families, and when they need the important nutrition provided by the healthcare community. We support many of the brands that consumers reach for every day. We are a fast-paced business with international customers and continual challenge. We need smart, versatile people who can share their skills and energy with our team as we continue our success. Due to our growth we have an immediate opportunity for a
SUPPLY CHAIN GENERALIST
SCOPE OF THE POSITION
The emphasis of this role is on supporting the Supply Chain team in various key processes and priorities. As a true generalist you will be responsible for;
• Managing the overall supply chain for raw materials and packaging for an assigned portfolio.
• Supporting new product development projects through all aspects of commercialization and the management of change.
• Leading through influence and contributing via advanced independent data mining and interpretation.
• Assisting with replenishment, expediting and de-expediting and backfilling transportation dispatch, Canada/USA export/Import commercial documentation and Customer Service functions.
Working in a fast paced environment, this role will collaborate with customers, suppliers, internal partners including Sales, Production Planning, Quality Assurance, Product Development as well as Engineering, Warehousing and Transportation.
• Proactively leverage category insights and customer rules of engagement to implement lean and efficient material supply chain plans. This will include both Canadian and US based customers and plans
• Coordinate with Supply Chain, Sales, Product Development, Data Governance and Customers on commercialization of new products
• Actively participate in recurring communications with assigned categories, suppliers and customers
• Initiate, review and manage factors related to supply fulfilment. Including issuing approved purchase orders, setting up inbound logistics and customs border clearance
• Work with Production Planners in all factories to ensure excellent schedule attainment
• Contributing as a data mining and analytics resource for Supply Chain group
• Backup including Transportation Dispatch and Customs (Inbound/Outbound) and Customer Service
• Continuously improving areas with inefficiencies and/or low effectiveness
• University or college degree in a relevant discipline
• Preference to Certified Supply Chain Management Professionals (cSCMP) or Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) or completion of certification is in process
• Minimum of 5 years of supply chain experience with purchasing, logistics and production planning (with minimum 5 years of North American Consumer Packaged Goods/Foods industry experience)
• Proficient with ERP Systems – (DAX, SAP, Oracle or other), advanced skills in MS Office – (Excel, Word)
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
• Able to travel to the USA
• Costing experience a definite asset.
We encourage all candidates who have the right mix of skills, abilities and a passion for learning and growing to apply. Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will only be used for the purposes of the competition in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Reasonable accommodations are available during the recruitment process to job applicants with disabilities.
SKJODT-BARRETT FOODS INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER